Tuesday, July 7, 2009

On The Turning Away....

A beggar boy begging and people turning away

I used to encounter a conversation with many beggars now a days. The only reason for that is when they approach me I look into their eyes, not with sympathy, or pity but with a smile. This smile naturally comes. sometimes I give them my smile, sometimes I hold a conversation, and very rarely I give them money, as I hardly possess any extra money, I do not earn and still dependent on my parents, guardians, so is the case.

But it naturally becomes impossible for me to ignore even those so called filthy and gross existences of the nature. But I have observed that mostly people ignore these filthy existences, which for me are delicate and innocent souls, only the small children who are in the business of begging. People those who offer money, they give it as a payment for getting rid of the shit. I can see on their faces. Good, at least they are supporting their business. I even appreciate people giving food to beggars near temples, the only good religion had done, till now.

But the in above picture, there is somthing different. This boy, as a daily routine was asking for food or money, but the gentlemen who are all set to get away, before getting away asked the boy several brutal question which if repeated again and again can turn him into a serious criminal or can turn him suicidal. They asked him, for their fun sake "for what your parents have brought you on this earth, just to abandon you? go and ask them, bring us an answer and then we will give you money, 'bastard' ". I wanted to ask you guys, for what did your parents have brought you, on this earth?

Kabeer have said, and he is absolutely right

पोथी पढ़ पढ़ जग मुआ पंडित भया ना कोई

ढाई आखर प्रेम का पढ़े सो पंडित होई


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger